Monday, March 2, 2009

Blizzard March 1st 2009


#1 video just 8 seconds when the snow was still somewhat enjoyable. The idea here was we will go slow take our time and when we get further south everything will be fine. WRONG.

2ND video is more intense, 30 seconds of driving conditions. The normal four hour trip ended up taken right at 7 hours and 30 minutes. The kids were troopers as long as there was juice and snacks. Rita was inspired to pack 6 DVDs. We watched two on the way up and 4 on the way home. If I had it to do all over again, we would not have made the trip during these conditions. I was glad it was Sunday because I spoke a great deal with my Father in Heaven. I know he was listening because we are still here today. The other thought that came to my mind is if we can make it through this as a family we can make it through anything. On a number of occasions I remembered the line, PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY. We witness 5 or 6 accidents one of which caused us to sit on Highway #11 for an hour and half. Countless trees were down adding to more problems, but the largest problem of all was 7-10 inches of snow in Georgia where we can not drive to begin with. Another interest thing was after our delay no photos or video was taken, the honeymoon with the snow was over. The trip normally covers about 250 miles. The first 106 took 5.5 hours after every one's favorite McDonald's dinner, Daddy did the last 144 miles in 2 hours. Upon arriving home at 10:30pm Zachary's did ask if they could watch television. I wish I had the words to describe how great our bed felt. Rita did ask the kids if they would remember the trip and they both said, "yyyeeeessss."

1 comment:

Marsha said...

glad you made it home. our power came on last night at 7:00...about 28 hours after it went off. I slept so good last night in a warm house!